Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall into Reading 2007 - better late than never





I've been considering taking part in this challenge that Katrina at Callapidder Days is hosting for a while and have now decided to take the plunge. It doesn't matter that to me that I'm joining halfway through - I'm a quick reader, I don't have to make myself a huge list.
I'd be reading all the time anyway and I hope that this list will make me get through a couple of books that I've started a few times and haven't managed to finish yet.

Most of these books are from the local library. It's English section only has one and half small shelves and I hadn't looked at it for ages because I'd read everything From there that I was interested in. Suddenly quite a few new books have appeared - a delight for me!!

My selection was mainly based on the covers as I hadn't heard of them all before, so my list is a real mixed bag. At least three of them I know absolutely nothing about. I hope they'll be interesting and worthwhile.

Here goes (in no particular order)

Long Way Round (Chasing shadows across the world) by Ewan McGregor & Charlie Boorman

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

The Ballad of Lee Cotton by Christopher Wilson

The Cloudspotter's Guide by Gavin Pretor-Pinney

Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre

The Thirteen and a Half Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers (in progress)


That seems like plenty in the run-up to Christmas.

Go to Callapidder Days to find out what's on everyone else's list and join in too.

No comments: